If your Legionella risk assessment is the cornerstone for the success of your ongoing management, you should be looking to invest in a document that is as good as it can be.
Assurity Consulting are recognised industry leaders in Legionella risk management and back this with the most extensive suite of accreditations and assurances offered in the UK.
Fundamentally, your Legionella risk assessment helps you demonstrate compliance with the Approved Code of Practice & Guidance on regulations (L8): “Legionnaires’ disease: The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems”, including the Technical guidance document HSG274 Parts 1-3. It also relates directly to sections 2, 3, 4 and 6 of the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, regulations 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12 of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002 and regulations 3,5,7,10 and 13 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. The risk assessment should also inform your controls and written scheme of management.
In meeting these requirements, all trained and assessed Assurity Consulting Legionella risk assessors are not only full-time employees, they work to or within:
- Our Primary Authority co-ordinated partnership arrangement with the City of London Corporation. This partnership allows all UK organisations to benefit from Assured Advice covering our Legionella risk assessments;
- Our UKAS accreditation as an inspection body to undertake Legionella risk assessments in accordance with the guidelines given in BS8580:2010 “Water quality – Risk assessments for Legionella control – Code of practice” and Approved Code of Practice & Guidance (L8): “Legionnaires’ disease: The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems”. This includes risk assessing the following artificial water systems in commercial premises:
- Cooling towers;
- Evaporative condensers;
- Domestic hot/cold water systems; and
- Other high-risk systems generating fine spray or aerosols, for example firefighting systems.
Our accreditation includes on site testing for pH, temperature, bromine and electrical conductivity where applicable to help interpret control measures in place.
Whilst water sampling is not a requirement of a Legionella risk assessment, BS8580 does recommend taking a sample in specific circumstances where the bacterial results may help to interpret the risk. Where this is required, our UKAS accreditation also includes water sampling, transportation and analysis in our in-house laboratory for total viable counts and Legionella.
Assurity Consulting are also a registered member of the Legionella Control Association (LCA). Under this membership we are recognised for the provision of the following services:
- Legionella risk assessments;
- Independent consultancy services;
- Training services; and
- Legionella analytical services.
These services are delivered under the conditions of compliance outlined in the LCA’s Code of Conduct for Service Providers document.
The Assured Advice and UKAS accreditation together with our internal ISO 9001 quality management system and membership of the Legionella Control Association means you can have confidence that you will not only receive an industry leading Legionella risk assessment, but reliable information that will support you and your management.
More Information on Legionella Management Services
Subscribe to us
Sign up to our educational monthly updates on health, safety and environmental subjects and topical industry news, invitations to our seminars and occasional Assurity Consulting business updates.Subscribe now