Director of Market Development, Assurity Consulting
22nd October 2020
The HSE’s website now outlines their activities “Health and safety spot checks and inspections during coronavirus (COVID-19)” together with the steps needed to help keep your workplace COVID-Secure, which include the now familiar:
- Carrying out a COVID-19 risk assessment;
- Maintaining social distancing; and
- Keeping your workplace clean, with hand washing and hygiene procedures.
As part of the content they have also produced a video animation explaining:
- How spot inspections work;
- What their inspectors will need to check;
- How they can help you keep your workplace COVID-secure; and
- Actions we they will take if employers are not managing the risk of COVID spreading.
Recent information we’ve seen indicates that over 17,600 businesses have been contacted. Of those businesses called and visited the HSE has found that 88% are compliant and therefore COVID-secure. But, HSE has also found issues on a number of sites that needed attention, and these are consistent across a number of sectors. This includes poor social distancing and a lack of adequate hand washing measures.
If you would like further advice on the current COVID-19 Secure requirements, independent reassurance on your management process or questions you still need answered, please contact us.