Director of Market Development, Assurity Consulting
10th September 2018
PAS 3002, “provides recommendations to establish, promote, maintain and review the health and wellbeing of workers within an organisation. It considers how health and wellbeing should be incorporated into the working environment and how leadership can ensure health and wellbeing related services are available to employees.” The five key principles cover:
- Capitalising on diversity and inclusion as an organisational strength
- Proactively supporting the physical and psychological health and wellbeing of workers
- Fostering a work culture that offers strong, ethical relationships, a collaborative and communicative management style, and an organisational culture in which learning and development are encouraged
- Ensuring jobs are designed so that they offer meaningful work; and
- Supporting good people management policies and practices.
As well as supporting the emotional, cultural and psychological needs of individuals, aspects such as “working environment” and the “physical” health and wellbeing of workers is also covered. These in turn provide a crossover into air quality and occupancy comfort, two other factors very closely linked to health, wellbeing and of course productivity.
HR in particular is driving the people side of the agenda, but FM is both the key and catalyst for the indoor environment itself. So what initiatives or programmes do you have in place to support your organisation in demonstrating your IEQ is positively contributing? It is an area we have been actively providing accredited information on for over 30 years, so if you do need some help, please feel free to ask.