Director of Market Development, Assurity Consulting
13th January 2017
Having already been out working with a number of customers, the compliance agenda remains unchanged it seems and four key questions are being asked of us:
- Where am I really in terms of my compliance and what is it saying about me and my organisation?
- Are roles, duties and responsibilities sufficiently understood and are they in the right place to adequately reflect ownership and organisational risk?
- Is my level of control matched to my organisation’s risk appetite and is it suitable and sufficient to protect us both?
- When should you stop saying “Happy New Year” to people?
For the first three of these questions they are all looking at the same issue, but in a slightly different way; is my compliance management in the right place (position) and will it provide me - and my organisation – the reassurance I need (protection)?
Factoring into the mix the growth in wellbeing and increasing move towards social/moral value in corporate responsibility reporting possibly adds two further considerations into this mix with 2017 and beyond in mind:
- Is my compliance management set up for minimum cost rather than maximum value (payback) and if so where are the gaps?
- How can I effectively advertise what I am doing (promotion)? Can I accurately verify my claims/achievements?
If you don’t know, we can and are helping others with exactly the same thing.
And as for question 4, I don’t know the answer, personal preference I guess. So it just remains for me to say Happy New Year!